Monday, May 21, 2012

Do It Yourself Carpet Cleaning Tips & Advice



Do It Yourself Carpet Cleaning Tips For The Budget Conscious


Nowadays, with the economy so unstable it makes sense to try and save money where ever possible. Carpet cleaning is one of those domestic services we normally get a professional to do but it is possible to clean them yourself with a bit of cheeky inside secrets and elbow grease. As we know knowledge is power so we are about to unveil some of our secret carpet cleaning goodies to make your carpets clean and your pockets full. so you can't justify cleaning those carpets clean and make sure you have the right tools for the difficult stains.

Going back a few decades we wouldn't of dreamed of paying someone to come to our house and clean carpets unless we were of high class, royalty of a government employee (they get everything paid for!) Fast forward to 2012 and finding a carpet cleaning company in Google or any of your preferred techniques is as as common as paying the electricity bill. Guess what? You don't have too!

Back in the 70's and 80's the trend was to carpet as many rooms in the house as possible, it became like a social newp newp, everyone was like hey look at these guys they have carpet everywhere, fully loaded!

As you know having carpet in every room just isn't practical (especially in the kitchen, hello stains!) We have now toned down the carpet stigma and moved onto bigger and better things to please the hungry appetites of our fellow consummated souls. That being said having carpet in certain rooms such as a lounge or bedroom is common practice so let's stop all the nonsense and get down to what you came here for, Saving Cash! The following has been presented by an Australian company carpet cleaning brisbane, they provide tips and advice on cleaning your carpets at home and saving money when it counts.



1. What You Need

Head to the cleaning isle in your local supermarket, load up on a few carpet cleaning products, buy a carpet cleaning stain removal spray and a solution you can mix with water (If you have no money to spare, then normal soap will suffice). Other necessities include a vacuum cleaner, and dish cloth and a dish washing sponge (for stains). Oh and don't forget a bucket of water to dilute your chemicals.

There are numerous cheap carpet cleaning detergents out there. You must be wary before buying these brands. Some of these cause stains that cannot even be removed by professional carpet cleaners. Make sure that you trust the brand of the carpet cleaning detergent you are going to buy. You can also check out the regular discount days for certain grocery items. Who knows, you might even be able to purchase these cleaning materials for a low price.



2. Pre Wash

It is advisable to vacuum your carpets every week to eliminate the risk of getting any carpet heavy soiling but if you are here I would hazard at a guess that you haven't done that, don't worry you're not the first. Most people don't realize that it is important for them to clean their carpets regularly, or at least remove the dirt, grime, mold and mildew. By cleaning your carpets with a vacuum cleaner or a simple brush regularly, there will be less things for you to worry about once you start the grueling routine of removing stains. If you do give your carpets a regular vacuum and come across a stain then  it won't be so hard to remove the stains immediately. Dilute the stain with water, gently rub the stain with your sponge to loosen the dirt an particals, then grab a towel and slowly kneed it like bread, you will see that the stain becomes less visable, repeat these steps and if it doesn't have the desired affect then  read on.



3. Time To Attack


Next we will start to attack the stain with our weaponry. Side note: The manufacturer of your carpet normally recommends the best solution to use, although sometimes most of them use a generic solution  for this, sometimes a quality carpet manufacturer will actually test their carpets with different products and their advice is worth taking on board. Don't go over board with your product use, using too much can often lead to carpet discoloration. The solution should be used in steps, use a little and check the results. If it's not sufficient, use a little more until the stain is cleared. It is wise to use blotting towels instead of rubbing the carpet.



4. Bringing Out The Big Guns


Vinegar works excellently when used to remove carpet stains. You should mix an small amount (1 teaspoon) of the vinegar with water.  The solution should be spread over the carpet using the dish-washing sponge or light towel. The spreading must be even to safeguard the quality of the carpet. The odor of the vinegar should not be a problem if your an Aussie, just think of all the vinegar on your chips at the footy. If your not a footy fan and can't handle vinegar we have al alternative, baking soda. Baking soda can be used when the smell is irritating for you. Again use a small amount with water, dab the area gently and then wipe away excess liquid with a normal towel or paper towel. Once the liquid is dissolved wait 5 min minutes and go over the area with your vacuum .

You may think these tips are funny since you are just going to use regular kitchen supplies. But vinegar has been proven to work well with all kinds of stains. It is even used to clean jewelries and such. All do-it-yourself carpet cleaning tips require is that you have an open mind when it comes to the suggestions presented to you.



5. The Alternatives | Heavy Duty Stains


Bleaching agents such as peroxide can be useful when the stain is obstinate. However, you must be careful while using the bleaching agents because they can easily damage your carpet. You should use small quantities of of bleach, about a 10th of what we used earlier. It is always good to dilute bleach heavily before using it and only use on white or very light colored carpet, unless you are sure you know what time it is. Testing the agents on a small area of inconspicuous carpet is always advised.



6. Steam Cleaning


Steam cleaning should be used with great care. Definitely, it is the best way to clean a carpet however, it can easily destroy the appearance of the carpet if not used carefully. A carpet that is often steam cleaned loses its color fast and can ruin your carpets longevity. Steam cleaning should be done professionally at intervals of at least 6 months.

As much as it would be nice to have a professional carpet cleaning company come in our house and clean our carpets for us, this is not always the case for most of us. Since we have to save as much money as we can, it is important that we learn how to do things by ourselves. Cleaning carpets is a chore not everyone is willing to do, mainly because it is so tiresome and such a heavy-duty job. Before you begin cleaning your carpets, you must ensure that you are actually ready to do it.

If you have the budget to have a professional cleaning company take care of your carpets, then you must choose the best method. Some carpet manufacturers require a certain type of cleaning method for their products. It is best to follow them. However, any professional carpet cleaning can still be able to suggest new methods for your carpets. Since they are already experts in this field, you may like to listen to their suggestions as well.

OK so we have come to the end of our little guide for do it yourself carpet cleaning, we hope that we have inspire you to take it upon yourself to save some money and give it a crack. If you have questions of comments we would love to hear from you!

Carpet cleaning is even a fun activity that the family can do together. Group the family in pairs and assign them to a particular carpet or part of the carpet. Since carpet cleaning is a tough job to do on your own, it is equally important that you have people to help you do it.

Like what you read? Thanks to carpet cleaning brisbane we have been able to come up with these little recipes for you. If you like the post then feel free to like them on facebookhttp://www.facebook.com/StainMasterCarpetCleaningBrisbane


83 comments:

  1. Carpet is the one of the decorated part of the home, which is regular need to clean for increasing the value of home. Though Steam cleaning, dry cleaning is a helpful way to clean and remove the stain and dirt.
    ___________
    halton hills street sweeping
    http://www.theroadcleaners.com/street_sweeping

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful post..thanks for posting these useful tips and advice for Carpet Cleaning Solutions

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that carpets are one of the dirtiest things in your home, which is why I like to do the carpet cleaning on my own. These tips are great and I can't wait to have clean carpets! There's nothing quite like clean floors in your house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful to the author for sharing such kind of valuable info. this really helped me a lot to removing the stain and cleaned my carpet.
    __________________
    air duct cleaning
    http://therestorationresource.com/Air_Duct_Cleaning.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate having dirty floors in my house! The wood floors are easy to clean in my kitchen, but carpet is a lot harder.
    Thanks for these carpet cleaning tips. They have really helped a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! These are really great advices. I should have read this before. Thanks for sharing tips for carpet cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the wonderful tips. I would like to emphasize on the second point which speaks of pre wash. What most people ignore is the pre washing part. This is not only necessary to save yourself from the danger of getting any carpet heavy soiling, but reduces your pressure and anxiety while cleaning the nasty stains as well. read more carpet cleaners in London

    ReplyDelete
  8. These tips are good and very effective too. I personally like to clan my carpet own and by reading this blog I came to know many of wonderful tips for carpet cleaning! Thanks!
    __________________________________
    basement clean outs jersey city nj
    http://www.waterremovalnj.info/index.php/contact-us

    ReplyDelete
  9. the tips you are giving is really good. keep giving these types of tips, we also deals with commercial carpet cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carpet cleaning is certainly a necessity for us to stay healthy. The problem, however, may be that when it comes to hiring cleaning services from the professional people, not everyone may take it up for the money factor. Instead they prefer to apply the techniques that one can easily apply with the help of some products that are available at the market. Read more: Carpet Cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a good job in elaborating carpet cleaning. Its detailed and well explained.
    air duct cleaning in wa

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with these list. I have a carpet which was stained with ketchup, and with just vinegar and warm water and a little detergent, slowly, with little scrubbing, its gone.

    dry tech systems california

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great post but aside from this I'm looking forward for the post of Carpet cleaning Newport News, Va.. Thanks for allowing me to say what I wanna say about this page.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you've made some truly interesting points. Not too many people would actually think about this the way you just did. Im really impressed that theres so much about this subject

    thats been uncovered and you did it so well, with so much class. Good one you, man! Really great stuff here.
    Carpet Cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  15. I learned a lot from reading your blog. Now, I know how to do the carpet cleaning, especially removing those chocolate stains.

    carpet cleaning calgary

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, you make mind blowing ideas aboutcarpet cleaning Birmingham Last time, when I saw your site this was a little good but today I visit the web site again and find that you guys making a very smart work on the site. Today Web surfing is run very fast and a huge competition over the web is spread. So it is quite interesting. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the tips! I've been looking for a place that does carpet cleaning in charlotte nc but I will also try these tips to keep my carpet clean.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree it's a good point of views and it's all effective but it's time consuming, I am service by Carpet Cleaning Brisbane and Carpet Cleaning Sunshine Coast, at least I do my things and they do my stains.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the post, and I think that it would be pretty hard to start your own carpet cleaning business. But if you work hard enough for it, then it should pay off in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, you make mind blowing ideas and a spectacular article here. Keep up the topic that everyone can choose one of the best. Thanks. Ontario carpet cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sharing this article, its been a really fun interesting read! I've never dealt with chicago carpet cleaning before. I'm actually really anxious to see how it's all going to work out. I guess in due time, right?

    ReplyDelete
  22. thanks for share this post i am also carefull for rugs care and cleaning i always try to use best rug clean guide

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the tips. I have some people that need their carpets cleaned. I will share this blog with them. Thanks!

    William | Carpet Cleaning Vernon

    ReplyDelete
  24. Letting your carpets uncleaned is a very expensive mistake. By removing dust mites and other bacteria and microorganisms from the environment, keeping your carpets and tile floors clean can actually benefit your health.

    Carpet Cleaning Joondalup

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think it’s been weeks since the first time I have been looking for a company that can do those problems with my old and dirty carpets that need cleaning.
    Carpet Cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  26. This would be perfect. I need for more information about carpet cleaning in this was a big help thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This was really cool! Definitely an outside the box type of carpet cleaning method. Those looking for DIY type alternatives will probably find this is very effective.

    Carpet Cleaning Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is the best tips for cleaning those things using natural products. I really appreciate this kind of ideas. And for those who have a shop like meat shop, I'm sure that you cannot clean it perfectly. This abattoir and meat shop cleaning Perth will help you to clean those shop. You can reach them by visiting their website in cleaning edge.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have never considered steam cleaning our carpets. We have been in the same apartment for almost 7 years and it's probably time to steam clean the carpets. Is it best to hire someone or to rent a steamer yourself? Thanks for breaking down all the options - I appreciate it! http://www.homepriderugcleaning.com/carpet-cleaning.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have a lot of stains in my carpets from different chemicals and also from my dogs. I have been looking up a lot of cleaning tips and vinegar seems to come up in most of them. I don't own any vinegar right now, but I might have to give it a try. Thanks for the article. http://www.hcbcservices.com/carpet-cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you guys for the great information. I've got a few stains around the house that I would like to get cleaned up soon. The only issue is that I really didn't know what I was suppose to do. luckily, after reading this I think I can say that I understand it a bit more. I'll definitely have to let you guys know on how your advice turns out.
    http://www.chem-dry.net/hillcity.va

    ReplyDelete
  32. I absolutely love how you approach carpet cleaning as if you are going to war! That is exactly how I feel every time something gets spilled on my carpet and I am tasked with cleaning it up! It's always me against the stain, and I won't quit until I have come up victorious! Although, there have been some stains that have put up a good fight and have caused me to wave the white flag and call in the professionals! http://kccarpetandupholsterycleaners.com/services/

    ReplyDelete
  33. It's true that most people are looking to save money. You need to do some things yourself, but others you'll still want to get the job done right. Professionals are really good at cleaning the carpets. What's the best way to get milk out of a carpet? http://www.saywow.net.nz/index.php/our-services/carpet-cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you for the great tips! My carpet is in dire need of a deep cleaning, but it is no doubt, one of my least favorite chores to do. It's only worsened by the fact that I have several stains that require, as you put it, "the big guns." Though, I had no idea that vinegar worked for cleaning carpets. I would have never thought of that! Next time I'm cleaning my carpets, I will have to give that a try for sure! http://www.mssinm.com/services.html

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for the tips for removing carpet stains yourself. I haven't been able to get my carpet cleaned for a while and so there are many stains that need to be removed. I can't wait to try these tips and get my carpets cleaned. I hope that I will be able to get the stains removed with little problem and that my carpet will continue to last. http://www.cleanbriteonline.com/carpetcleaning.html

    ReplyDelete
  36. I appreciated your tip about making sure you're vacuuming your carpets at least once a week. I know that I've dropped the ball in that particular area and have gone at least two weeks between vacuum runs. You can't really tell just from looking at your carpet how dirty it is. Your vacuum will know though! I can tell if I've gone too long between cleanings because my vacuum will fill up much faster. http://www.qualityvacandsew.com/products/service-supplies/cleaning-supplies/shampooer-rentals/

    ReplyDelete
  37. For smaller spills and maintenance, this is a great article. However, sometimes your "big guns" simply aren't big enough! When this is the case, a quality professional company may be your best option for carpet cleaning. This eliminates the possibility and worry of carpet damage. http://www.stlouiscarpetclinic.com/sample-page/new-house-smell/

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your contents are too straightforward to browse and easy to understand.Factory Carpet Cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  39. Nice post, I really like your post it is very good and interesting post about Carpet Cleaning. thanks for sharing such a useful post.

    ReplyDelete
  40. This blog post is truly enormous; the standard things of the post are fully incredible. carpet cleaner reviews

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is a great post; it was very edifying. I look ahead in reading more of your work.Lawrence carpet cleaners

    ReplyDelete
  42. With three kids in the house, plus a dog, you can imagine how dirty my carpets can get. I want to clean them up a bit, but I'm not sure where to start. It's good to know that I should pre-wash it, so help lift out some of the dirt. I never would have known that on my own, thanks for sharing!

    http://ctss.net.au/machinery/carpet-extractors

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow, this was so helpful! I've read a dozen carpet cleaning posts and all of them just suggest making a watered-down formula that never really works. This seems much more logical and useful. Thank you so much for writing, I'll give this a shot today! http://kccarpetandupholsterycleaners.com/services/

    ReplyDelete
  44. That was an important and helpful tips for those who like to clean their own carpets and save money. thanks for sharing

    Carpet Cleaning Services Perth, Tile Cleaning Perth

    ReplyDelete
  45. This really includes just about everything you need to know to clean your carpets. One of the most difficult thing to deal with is gum in the carpet. My trick is to take one of those keyboard duster cans and turn it upside down to spray the gum. It will actually freeze it and allow you to break it apart and vacuum. Hope it helps !
    http://www.astepabovecarpetandtilecleaning.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Great tips. Very helpful. Thank you for sharing. To know more about carpet cleaning check this out.-->green carpet cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  47. This blog post is really great; the quality information of this post is genuinely incredible.
    Residential cleaning
    kitchen cleaning geelomg
    windows cleaning geelong

    ReplyDelete
  48. Great ! Very nice blog and excellent things exist in your blog content. thanks for sharing..
    deck cleaning geelong
    office cleaning
    carpet cleaning geelong

    ReplyDelete
  49. Thank you so much for ding the impressive job here, everyone will surely like your post. www.wilmingtoncleancarpets.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. Greetings! Found an important and helpful tips for those who like to clean their own carpets and save money. thanks for sharing such wonderful blog.
    Office Cleaning Parramatta
    End of Lease Cleaning Parramatta

    ReplyDelete
  51. Nice information. I was searching for the same. It helped me alot and saved my time. Thanks a lot.

     window cleaning geelong | commercial cleaning | Residential cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hi fellas,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful article really!
    If someone want to read more about those Carpet Cleaning I think this is the right place for you!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Cleaning can be a tough task, if left unplanned. A to-do list is really helpful when cleaning, even if you think your room is just small. It’ll be easier for you to finish the task when you know which parts to prioritize, and what to do after one part is done. Moreover, it’s best to keep your cleaning materials and solutions handy, so that you could clean your space as soon as you need to, especially when it comes to stains and such. Thanks for sharing!

    Cado Magenge
    carpet cleaning geelong | furniture cleaning geelong
    windows cleaning geelong

    ReplyDelete
  54. This is a really good read for me, Must admit that you are one of the best bloggers I ever saw.Thanks for posting this informative article.
    upholstery cleaning Spring Hill

    ReplyDelete
  55. Thank you so much for such a nice article, I would like you to visit our site, and request your advice/opinion.

    Or
    It will be our pleasure to serve you and solve your purpose, you are always welcome to contact us.

    Window Cleaning Bayswater
    Window Cleaning Bayswater and surrounding areas, Simon your local Bayswater window cleaners has decades of experience.
    We service Residential Bayswater Window Cleaning Clientele as well as Commercial Window Cleaning Customers. Need an end of lease Window Clean? No problem, call your local Bayswater Window Cleaner, Simon, most jobs available within 48 hours!
    To book our service, simply call us on 0449254298 or click on our "Chat" icon, below.

    So, for professional Bayswater window cleaning, call Simon today. We combine old fashioned courtesty with great quality work!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Nice writing. Thanks for sharing. This Site Might Help You. http://www.procarpetcleanersmelbourne.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  57. Thanks for sharing Carpet Cleaning Tips & Advice. Carpet is the one of the decorated part of the home and its need to be clean. We provide a range of cost effective and eco-friendly cleaning packages that are perfect for every home. so you can visit our site and more details. click here http://www.procarpetcleaningsydney.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  58. Servpro offers Carpet Cleaning service!
    Visit our website http://www.servpromartincounty.com/ and let us make that cleaning process for you.

    ReplyDelete
  59. I really appreciate your work and very amazing and important information about the Carpet cleaning orange county which have share in this blog.
    Carpet cleaning orange county

    ReplyDelete
  60. Great cleaning tips, very good information about self cleaning. Always go for
    Eco-friendly Carpet cleaning service which will cost less and clean more.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things. Thanks for sharing useful information.....
    carpet cleaning Phoenix

    ReplyDelete
  62. Very nice post here thanks for it .I always like and such a super contents of these post.Excellent and very cool idea and great content of different kinds of the valuable information's.
    Dry Clean

    ReplyDelete
  63. Home Carpet Cleaners
    Instead of treating professional housecleaning as an expense, you should treat it as an investment in your home. You have already spent a lot of money in buying and maintaining your home.For more details visit our websites http://chavezcleaning.com/

    ReplyDelete
  64. خدمة تنظيف شقق بالمدينة المنورة هي خدمة أضافية من أحدي الخدمات المميزة من شركة ركن نجد حيث نقدم فيها كافة الخدمات المقدمة في تنظيف فلل بنفس الأداء مع أختلاف عدد العمال المستخدم في نظافة الشقق حيث أنها تكون أصغر.
    تنظيف منازل بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة تنظيف مجالس بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة تنظيف الخزانات بالطائف
    تنظيف شقق بالاحساء

    خدمة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة هي احدي أفضل الخدمات المقدمة من ركن نجد حيث أن نظافة خزانات المياه مرتبطة أرتباط مباشر بالصحة العامة للأسرة لأن عدم نظافة الخزان وتعقيمة تعني ترسب البكتريا والفطريات على جوانب الخزان مما يسبب الأمراض وينقلها للأسرة وهذا ما تنبة بة دائما شركة الماء والكهرباء السعودية.

    ReplyDelete

  65. تعد خدمات التنظيف المتعلقه بالمنزل بصفه عامه ان الامور الهامه حاليا لما لها من ترابط وثيق بالصحه والقضاء علي الامراض وخصيصا تنظيف الخزانات والتي تعد من الضروريات حيث يجب تنظيفها بصفه دوري
    شركة تنظيف مساجد بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بالخرج
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بالرياض
    فان كنت عميلنا الكريم من الرياض او الخرج او جده فنحن نوفر لك افضل خدمات التنظيف العامه بمعدات حديثه وعماله مدربه

    ReplyDelete
  66. All the tips of carpet cleaning are really good. And I am happy to read the tips as they are so useful renholdstavanger

    ReplyDelete
  67. Your Post is very useful, I am truly to this blog which is specially design about the Detailed cleaning It helped me with ocean of awareness so I really appreciate your blog.
    Detailed cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  68. Super blog and very interesting information which I always wanted to search many article but you article is really fantastic.
    moroccan rug

    ReplyDelete
  69. still consumers believe that some of the shop cleaning products are strong enough to clean the stains but sometimes it will make the carpet worse. better we can try with this kind of easy method cheap and worth it
    thanks for sharing
    carpet cleaning Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  70. Interesting and very valuable information about carpet cleaning perth and it's really well done.
    carpet cleaning perth

    ReplyDelete
  71. Your blog have a very great and informative detail about the carpet cleaning and i really appreciate it.
    Carpet cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  72. Your providing all service are very great that's i really agree with it thank you for this services.
    Norcross Carpet Cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  73. This is a great list of cleaning blogs. I think, these blogs can be a great resource for people to be aware about cleaning.

    House Cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  74. This is an informative blog about Home Cleaning, Thanks. Hope you posted new informative blogs. If anyone interested in Home Cleaning Services.

    HouseCleaning|ShopCleaning|CommercialCleaning|OfficeCleaning|ShowroomCleaning

    ReplyDelete
  75. Super blog and exceptionally fascinating data which I constantly needed to look many article yet you article is extremely fabulous.

    Laundromat service

    ReplyDelete
  76. Hello, in this case, you'd better use the services of a professional cleaning company. I can recommend a company to you at
    https://executive-clean.com/locations/atlanta/ I ordered their cleaning services several times after large banquets and was completely satisfied with their work.

    ReplyDelete